Does the CPOE/EMR Improve Patient Safety
Terrence Shenfield BS, RRT, RPFT-NPS
Patient safety is on the the number one concern for healthcare institutions. The Joint Commission has made many recommendations for improving patient safety. One of the recommendations is to implementation of CPOE systems into all health care facilities This lecture discusses the impact of these systems on patient safety outcomes.
1. Understand what is a CPOE system and its architecture.
2. Review what the US government has done to implement these systems into hospitals.
3. Discuss how CPOE system applications in a clinical setting
4. Review the Joint Commission strategies in reducing medical errors.
5. Understand the penalties related to not implementing theses systems into hospitals by 2014-2017.
Continuing Education for Respiratory Therapists
This program has been approved for 1.0 contact hours Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association of Respiratory Care, 9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100, Irving, TX 75063.
To receive your 1.0 contact hour CRCE you must complete this post test with a grade 80% or greater after reviewing the video below.All the questions will be based on the video below. A certificate will be printed when you successfully complete the post test.