Airway pressure Release Ventilation
Terrence Shenfield BS, RRT, RPFT-NPS
Resistant pathogens are increasingly common in the ICU. These organisms increase mortality and length of stay for patients. This lecture will further your understanding on how to recognize these pathogens in the ICU and how to reduce the spread of these pathogens
At the conclusion of this voice over power point participants will be able to:
1. Describe what is a MDRO’s
2. Review the history of antibiotics ( abuse/misuse)
3. Explain how do organisms become resistant
4. Explain the difference between gram negative and gram positive organisms
5. Understand why is it important to control these organisms
6. Strategies on prevention of these organisms
Continuing Education for Respiratory Therapists
This program has been approved for 1.0 contact hours Continuing Respiratory Care Education (CRCE) credit by the American Association of Respiratory Care, 9425 N. MacArthur Blvd. Suite 100, Irving, TX 75063.
To receive your 1.0 contact hour CRCE you must complete this post test with a grade 80% or greater after reviewing the video below.All the questions will be based on the video below. A certificate will be printed when you successfully complete the post test.